The eternal quest for cheap gas
When I moved out to Victoria, I realized that I never fully appreciated cheap gas. I remember one time, when there was a price war and I paid .42 cents a litre for gas about 5 years ago. Now I live in a bubble. It just may, maybe, have something to do with the fact that I live on an island, but gas is ALOT more expensive here than just across the water in Vancouver. Just the other day, I paid 1.00/litre and was terribly excited! I mean, it almost made it below a dollar. I didn't think it every would again. Then I called home, and realized all you Edmontonians were paying .87 cents a litre - thus the end of my celebration. Will it ever get cheaper? I'm betting no - for when you live on an island disconnected from the real world, you never really know what's going on outside. What other luxuries exist out there? What more to life is there? I'm even jealous of places with snow right now!

3 Comments:
At November 2, 2005 at 8:53:00 p.m. PST,
Anonymous said…
Gas in Peterborough has gone down to 83.9. That's good and all but when I filled up gas was 98.9. I try not to think about it.
At November 3, 2005 at 7:56:00 p.m. PST,
Anonymous said…
I found gas in Burnaby for 92.5 on my way home from the ferry on Sunday night Michelle. I got all excited and pulled a U-turn in the middle of the street to get into the station.
At November 4, 2005 at 12:24:00 p.m. PST,
meesh said…
It went down to 99 today. Imagine my excitement!
Glad to know that it's not too much cheaper across the pond Jess :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home