Procrastination Photography



Took these yesterday instead of working on my thesis. Witty's lagoon, about 40 minutes from my house. It was a rare sunny day, and the temptation to stay home was just too great. However, at this point I'm not sure that I can handle the real working world. I'm so used to going into work when I want, leaving when I want, and not going in at all if I'm tired. It's not that I don't work, because when I feel really productive, I often stay till 7pm. But having to work on somebody else's schedule...that worries me.
Another that occurred to me today. In the midst of the sponsorship scandel, Martha Stewart fraud and now Conrad Black, do you think it's possible to NOT succumb to the power and status of money? I know that these are just three cases, but how many go unnoticed? What qualifies as a business expense today? Does being around money inspire personal greed? How come no one every steals money and gives it to the poor? Is robinhood a thing of the past?

1 Comments:
At December 6, 2005 at 7:14:00 p.m. PST,
Anonymous said…
Work sucks... end of story =P
I love b&w photography though... seems to capture more of the feel... and contrasts... it's almost like you see more because the color is not there interfering.
As for the stealing money and giving it to the poor... how about just the rich setting up foundations for the poor with their truckloads of money? I guess they're rich so they don't matter?
Why don't regular people give to charity more? Have you given anything to charity this year? (Time, money, both?)
Post a Comment
<< Home