twas a blue potluck
There's really nothing better than hanging around with friends, chatting it up (or 'chillaxing".... though I really can't be comfortable with that word yet). Apparently I'm someone that 'keeps the world together.' In other words, if I don't organize something, nothing happens. I don't know what to think about that. Is it just that people are generally lazy? We wait for someone else to organize things? Why aren't there other people like me who don't like to spend a night at home alone and try to organize things to do? I feel kinda left out sometimes...like I'm forcing people to do stuff and I don't know if they actually want to hang out with me since nothing happens if I don't organize it. But at the same time, we always have fun, and I have fun knowing that I'm not sitting at home, but am out living life.
Tonight was a blue potluck. Originally we girls wanted a pink potluck, but as the holder of the potluck Marc decided that pink would comprimise his manhood...so blue it was. Did you know that no food is actually blue? Besides blueberry pie, blue jello and blue corn chips, there's really nothing. And at this time of year, any hope of blue candy is dashed by the overwhelming presence of hearts and pink and everything oozing cheerfulness. However, with a lack of clear choices, creativy comes into play. Then night ended with a fire in the fireplace (as opposed to the corner of the room....), people and a guitar. I've never really been around a lot of people that play the guitar before. I really like listening to it and to people singing of course. Maybe I could learn? It looks so hard, and i'm not sure I have the patience for repeated practice. And I definitely don't have an ear for music...so I think the entire world is better off if I just settle for listening in awe to other people as they play. Ahh, so many skills I wished I did have.....
Tonight was a blue potluck. Originally we girls wanted a pink potluck, but as the holder of the potluck Marc decided that pink would comprimise his manhood...so blue it was. Did you know that no food is actually blue? Besides blueberry pie, blue jello and blue corn chips, there's really nothing. And at this time of year, any hope of blue candy is dashed by the overwhelming presence of hearts and pink and everything oozing cheerfulness. However, with a lack of clear choices, creativy comes into play. Then night ended with a fire in the fireplace (as opposed to the corner of the room....), people and a guitar. I've never really been around a lot of people that play the guitar before. I really like listening to it and to people singing of course. Maybe I could learn? It looks so hard, and i'm not sure I have the patience for repeated practice. And I definitely don't have an ear for music...so I think the entire world is better off if I just settle for listening in awe to other people as they play. Ahh, so many skills I wished I did have.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home