tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Moon-lit Fog

Banff film fest today. Excellent movies on climbing, boarding, skiing, paddling and hockey. Everytime I go to the festival, it fills me with a sense of adventure, reckless enthusiasm and the thought that I can do anything if I try hard enough. So often, I just don't try something, or complain that it's hard or too much work. But how much could I accomplish if I actually tried all the time?

After the festival, standing around like always, J and I deciced to escape to Mt Doug. Not a Mt in most people's idea, but it's the Victoria version of a Mt. The road was closed (hence it's hill and not a mountain since it has a road up) and we walked up to the top. Super foggy tonight, so it was a really erie walk in the dark with tall trees surrounding us. Beautiful too though, since when we got to the top it seemed that we had the world to ourselves, our own little rock island with no one around. Couldn't even see the lights of the city through the fog. Was also nice to get some girl talk in. I don't get much of a chance to do that here, and I miss it. I've also been pretty bitter and lonely lately, and just needed to talk to someone. Anyway, our conclusion was that it's okay to be bitter sometimes, and guys need to be better people :-) Wish I had my camera, because the fog added something mystical to the forest, that just can't be described.

2 Comments:

  • At November 20, 2005 at 6:34:00 a.m. PST, Blogger Christopher Robin said…

    I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been in the best mood lately. Hopefully it will pass shortly. It's good to know that you have people out there that you can talk to. And yes, in most cases, guys do need to be smarter/better people, but there are some good ones out there. I'm sure you will find them.

    And though I haven't commented on them lately, your photographs have been stunning. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At December 6, 2005 at 7:10:00 p.m. PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey now... don't get all girl talkie and becoming bitter on the opposite sex =P

    I know some girls that need to be better people too =S

    But I hope you're feeling better than when you wrote this post ;)

    You know you can always talk to me... if you can afford the long D... or find me on MSN =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home