tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Missing life on the Tundra





It's been a while since I've posted, given that I had the opportunity to escape to Baffin Island for 2 months. Two months seemed like a long time to hear it, but now that it's over time went way too fast. We spent our days in helicopters and hiking in a variable landscape. These are some pictures showing the different types of areas we encountered, each with their own appeal. And there's something to be said for hiking in an area where you can see for kilometres around and you know that you won't ever run into anyone (unless, of course, you forget to check the traverse maps and find that the surficial people have a traverse right beside yours....). Anyway, a shout out to my fellow chav's of the arctic...I miss y'all and you have to come visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home