Preparations are made...
So this past week:
Sunday: Formal dinner at our house. All the roommates invited three people, for a formal potluck. Debated using our table for the first time ever but decided to save that for this weekend instead. I made baked brie and camambert which was a hit. We also had brownies, watermelon, clam chowder, sheperds pie, bruchetta and apple cake.
Thursday: Had to TA crystallography. Don't think that I confused them that much. However, I might not have to TA anymore, because there's a good chance that our union will tell us to walk out in support of the BC teachers strike. Hope it doesn't come to that, because the kids don't need that.
Friday: roommate gathering, watched pretty woman. Proved to ourselves that we don't need to go out on a friday night to be cool.
Saturday: that's today :-) Prepared pie crust and apples for thanksgiving tomorrow. So very full right now. I made the waffles, and Sean bought whipping cream, chocolate sauce, strawberries and pineapple.....we decided we like our new roommate and he's allowed to stay. Going neon bowling tonight, because we hear that's the thing to do in Victoria on saturday nights.
And yes, I know there's a little bit missing for the last week....but I can't remember what happened so its obviously not worth mentioning. Hope everyone has a really good thanksgiving!
Sunday: Formal dinner at our house. All the roommates invited three people, for a formal potluck. Debated using our table for the first time ever but decided to save that for this weekend instead. I made baked brie and camambert which was a hit. We also had brownies, watermelon, clam chowder, sheperds pie, bruchetta and apple cake.
Thursday: Had to TA crystallography. Don't think that I confused them that much. However, I might not have to TA anymore, because there's a good chance that our union will tell us to walk out in support of the BC teachers strike. Hope it doesn't come to that, because the kids don't need that.
Friday: roommate gathering, watched pretty woman. Proved to ourselves that we don't need to go out on a friday night to be cool.
Saturday: that's today :-) Prepared pie crust and apples for thanksgiving tomorrow. So very full right now. I made the waffles, and Sean bought whipping cream, chocolate sauce, strawberries and pineapple.....we decided we like our new roommate and he's allowed to stay. Going neon bowling tonight, because we hear that's the thing to do in Victoria on saturday nights.
And yes, I know there's a little bit missing for the last week....but I can't remember what happened so its obviously not worth mentioning. Hope everyone has a really good thanksgiving!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home