tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Thursday, June 30, 2005

leaving on a jet plane

Well this is it. I leave in two days to fly up to the arctic circle yet again. For those who don't know, I'm taking a graduate course at the University Centre on Svalbard. Then I'm travelling around southern Norway and Sweden for two weeks before heading back home to start fieldwork. Hopefully I'll have pictures to post and lots to say!

It's so awesome to have friends around that stay your friends no matter where they are. Who knows when you'll run into people again, and it's great to reminisce about past times. On saturday, I'll be meeting Vince (who's on leave from yellowknife to expore the 'south') in Vancouver to go out dancing one last time before leaving Canada for six weeks.

Canada day tomorrow. Not sure if what's happening in Victoria will rival Edmonton's Canada day but maybe that's because I have so many memories of hanging around the festivals and the legistlature grounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home