update on moi
Hey y'all.
No pictures from the birthday - sorry Rhianne. For some reason I just didn't take too many pictures. Just picture lots of people in togas (aka bed sheets), some with wreaths of vegetation made by hand. Ended the night with a beach fire which is pretty awesome.
I've just found out that I'll be working in the arctic for 2 months this summer (Baffin Island). Super excited about that, though once again I'll miss the warm summer here.
Trying to finish a thesis....it will happen eventually, though never as quick as I think it will.
And....we've been evicted from our house. Evicted! Apparently we live in an illegal secondary suite - suites that exist everywhere and in every city. But in this town they seeem to care a bit more. So with a bylaw infraction notice...we have a month to leave. I could stay, but without a stove and sink - and that's just silly. Now we have to find somewhere to live, for indefinite amounts of time, with a good location and cheap rent...and I have to move all my stuff :-( Sorry folks, little ranting there but it's just such a silly situation.
No pictures from the birthday - sorry Rhianne. For some reason I just didn't take too many pictures. Just picture lots of people in togas (aka bed sheets), some with wreaths of vegetation made by hand. Ended the night with a beach fire which is pretty awesome.
I've just found out that I'll be working in the arctic for 2 months this summer (Baffin Island). Super excited about that, though once again I'll miss the warm summer here.
Trying to finish a thesis....it will happen eventually, though never as quick as I think it will.
And....we've been evicted from our house. Evicted! Apparently we live in an illegal secondary suite - suites that exist everywhere and in every city. But in this town they seeem to care a bit more. So with a bylaw infraction notice...we have a month to leave. I could stay, but without a stove and sink - and that's just silly. Now we have to find somewhere to live, for indefinite amounts of time, with a good location and cheap rent...and I have to move all my stuff :-( Sorry folks, little ranting there but it's just such a silly situation.

2 Comments:
At March 23, 2006 at 6:12:00 a.m. PST,
Christopher Robin said…
That really sucks that you are being evicted. I hope you can find somewhere else to stay easily.
And don't worry too much about the thesis, they always tend to drag on. The best way to get them done is have a set deadline, like a job in another country that you have to get too...well, it worked for me anyway ;)
At March 23, 2006 at 9:27:00 a.m. PST,
Anonymous said…
Booooo eviction! That sucks, you've got a nice place there. Good luck with the house search though.
Post a Comment
<< Home