tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The meaning of it all

Life is full of ups and downs, setback and leaps forward. When there's a high everything seems worth it, and when there's a low, it seems like there has to be a better way. Why do we do it? What's the motivation for it all? Friends, relationships and connections with the people around us? What if those things are lacking, as it seems to be a lot of the time. Career and knowledge for the betterment of the world? I've always been so focused on my career and being good at what I do. And I'm not sure why it's so important to me. I love what I do, but at the end of the day, it's mainly for academic pursuits and no other reason. Ah, such thoughts and complexities. Life wouldn't be an adventure if we didn't try to live it to the fullest - now if only we could figure out what that 'fullest' was.

1 Comments:

  • At February 2, 2006 at 4:37:00 a.m. PST, Blogger Christopher Robin said…

    I think for a lot of people a driving force in life is a quest for a greater understanding of what is out there. I remember a sci-fi show had a line explaining the self-aware beings in the universe, it was something to the effect of "We are the universe trying to understand itself." There is after all a near universal curiosity that seems to drive us all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home