2006 eh
Another year I suppose. I like the sound of 2006 so much better....than 2005...I never did like those odd numbers. New Years is always the time when people reflect on past decisions, and make drastic changes for the future (speaking of drastic, I really have to stop collecting rocks because I have far too many of them). Holidays were good, catching up with friends, those true friends that you've barely talked to all year but can still hang out like you saw them yesterday. And yet it's been a year since I was last in Edmonton and things have subtley changed. Some people aren't around anymore, people get married, people break up, people buy houses and those overpasses everywhere! Yes, people and inatamite objects can be in the same sentence, glad you asked.
And as hard as I try, I think that I'm actually growning older too. I'm starting to make choices that seem wiser and surprise myself sometimes. For instance, just the other day I decided that running backwards up the escalator wasn't really the smartest idea. Course there's also the matter of impending life decisions and how best to avoid them. While I was away, I learned that I missed Victoria and had started to consider it my home. School is transient and most of the people here are as well, but somehow it's still home and I'm not all that anxious to leave. While I yearn for adventure and travelling I'm slowly starting to understand that there's nothing wrong with wanting a little familiarity, at times. Maybe I will stay here for a while, and try to get some work experience.
My main goal, as it's always been is to live life like I'll die tomorrow. To regret nothing and try for everything. There's got to be new things that I can try, new people to meet, and new things to learn. Oh, and new things to photograph of course.
And as hard as I try, I think that I'm actually growning older too. I'm starting to make choices that seem wiser and surprise myself sometimes. For instance, just the other day I decided that running backwards up the escalator wasn't really the smartest idea. Course there's also the matter of impending life decisions and how best to avoid them. While I was away, I learned that I missed Victoria and had started to consider it my home. School is transient and most of the people here are as well, but somehow it's still home and I'm not all that anxious to leave. While I yearn for adventure and travelling I'm slowly starting to understand that there's nothing wrong with wanting a little familiarity, at times. Maybe I will stay here for a while, and try to get some work experience.
My main goal, as it's always been is to live life like I'll die tomorrow. To regret nothing and try for everything. There's got to be new things that I can try, new people to meet, and new things to learn. Oh, and new things to photograph of course.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home