tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Reflections

I always find it interesting how the mind can wander. One minute to happiness, one minute to sadness, to joyful memories and back to how those are only memories now. Laughter, tears, regret, loneliness, smiles...they're all there just beneath the surface. Some people hid it better than others. Some replace it with an impenetrable shield devoid of extreme emotion. What does it truely take for people to connect? Should we hide emotions, think of only the good in every situation. Or is it okay to acknowledge when we feel lost or lonely. Society seems to prefer an emotional maze, where everything is cheerful on the surface and things never go beyond that. "So how are you today" could be so much more in-depth than it ever is. But no one wants to be burdened with the problems of others, or the happiness for that matter. Every thing, every thought, is a reflection of ourselves and whether we measure up to the standards contrived for us and by us. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days of childhood innocence, when the little things truely mattered and nothing was hidden behind a mask.

1 Comments:

  • At December 8, 2005 at 11:04:00 a.m. PST, Blogger Christopher Robin said…

    I think to the general public we all try to project the happy confident image, but to close friends I think it's different. To those close to us I think that we can really go into details when as "How are you?" But maybe that's just me, but even if a friend isn't in the best moods I'd like to know, even if I can't help, because just knowing that others are/have been there somehow makes it a bit easier.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home