tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Time for an update

I like that everyone has an opinion about social dynamics. It's good that I have friends that actually pay attention to things :-) Sometimes people don't look around them enough. That said, of course nothing is decisive. Hanging out is cool, but usually more comfortable after someone has made a (usually unsaid) decision about dating. It's not something that people are willing to talk about, especially if it's not a 'good' decision. I have some faith in guys - they don't want to sleep with every girl they meet, no matter what they pretend to say (please don't contest me here, if I'm wrong I'd like to pretend I"m right). Still though, I wish I could figure out how to keep everything friendly and fun without having to consider the dating issue - at least before you really know people. It's not that I want to discount it - just that it shouldn't have to be there right away.

Anyway, I haven't done anything terribly exciting lately. Last weekend we had a games night of sorts. It was a large group, which sometimes can be fun, but also sometimes pointless when people only sit in small groups and talk to the people they know well anyway. I try never to exclude anyone, but sometimes it's nice to have a smaller group where discussion can actually take place. Saturday, our house celebrated T's completion of the LSAT, with a night of drinking, cookie decorating and a christmas lighted truck parade. That's right, a parade of about 30 large trucks decorated and glowing all christmassy. Sunday was another family night dinner, though for the first time not everyone was home.

Early yesterday morning, I hoped on a plane, then another plane, and ended up in Calgary. Stayed at a house with a 2 year old and a 6 year old - amusing but so tiring! I came back early this evening - don't think I've ever flown somewhere for just one night before. I could get used to this jetsetting lifestyle! Anyway, I went to see a geologist at the GSC who's been helping me with my air photo interpretation. As much as I'd like to think that I know it all, I still have a lot to learn. So it was really nice of him to help me, and I think that I proved I'm at least somewhat competent. Calgary was a bamly -22 degrees, though I did feel at home again. Open roads, prairie grasslands, sunlight snow, real mountains and foothills. I love Victoria, but there's something odd about coming home that makes any 'dull' place exciting again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home