tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Why not embrace it?

So I don't really know who reads this, but regardless, this is an affirmation for myself anyway. I've been rather philosophical lately, pondering directions to go in, meanings, goals, why we do what we do. I suppose this happens to people throughout life, as situations change, people change and the world changes. I've been rather meloncholoy, but as of today it's time for a change. Starting a new job on monday, a real one, and I really shouldn't be scared of it. Maybe as Chris said, it's such a beautiful place here that I should have taken longer to do my degree. But I do get to stay here, and while I will no longer have free time, perhaps it's time to enter the real world for a while.
This weekend was productive in a way that I wouldn't have viewed it as before. Made dinner on friday, and simply called up a friend and invited him over. Usually, plans need to be made, and in groups, but people need to talk to eachother more, so I said what the hell and called anyway. Twas a big step for me, and turned out to be a great evening.
Also, it took me a long time today, but I learned how to knit! Bought the wool and needles and sat down with trusty google. Sure, someone could have taught me a lot quicker, but there's a sense of accomplishment to figuring out something yourself. So I'm making a ribbed scarf, in a slightly complex pattern. Will be warm and snuggly for winter.
So while people around me are having babies, buying houses and getting married, I'm slowly and reluctantly forcing myself into the real world. It's a normal thing, I know, but it seems daunting.
But enough of that. As long as there's enough time to still go rock climbing and camping, I vow to be happy. Take that world.

3 Comments:

  • At October 1, 2006 at 8:10:00 a.m. PDT, Blogger Christopher Robin said…

    I'm still reading. I'm glad to hear that you found a job and that you will be able to stay there. You seem to have been very happy since moving out to Victoria.

    As for life, we can't avoid it forever, no matter how hard we try. But as you've realized you can still be happy in the real world if you want to be.

    Congratulations!

     
  • At October 1, 2006 at 9:50:00 p.m. PDT, Blogger meesh said…

    but, but....you're in the the real world! I want that life!

     
  • At October 4, 2006 at 7:08:00 a.m. PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The real world can be really cool, but sometimes I feel like I'm never catching up to someone else's real world.
    congrats on your supper spontaneity (sp?) I realy think people need to do those things more often...myself included.
    So get my kittens on monday! :D
    When are you coming home for a visit?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home