tis the life

This is the life of a random girl in a random place. At what point does life turn from random to significant? Do people ever really notice what's around them?

Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanksgiving

This was the first thanksgiving where I haven't been surrounded by family. I wanted to go home, but the flights didn't work out. But as it turned out, none of my roommates were going home. Not wanting to be without celebrations on the holiday, we decided to host a thanksgiving dinner. It's not quite the same as being at home, but I think that there's more satisfaction in the end. We're growing up, can't pretend we're not, and it's time for us to carry on the traditions now.

We had 9 people in total, 7 girls and two guys. I apologize again to the guys, for they were the target most of the night. It really is best to stay quiet and 'safe', but not nearly as much fun for everyone else. It was interesting, because out of the 9 people, we were all single. Should we be as surprised as we were? Maybe not, but it does seem pretty rare to find an entire group of people who aren't in a relationship. I'm used to being surrounded by couples all the time. So we're going to use your idea Jessica, and host a bitter and single girls night sometime soon. We have to take advantage of the situation while we still have it.

As for our dinner, I have to tell you because we really out-did our selves. We had: turkey (Lets take a toast to Maurice for sacrificing his life to us), excellent stuffing, homemade buns, homemade apple pie, cranberry sauce, 2 salads, vegetables, cheesecake and 8 bottles of wine......for 9 people.

So we're capable of being adults. Kinda of scary, though we are all hiding from the real world by staying in school at the moment. Oh, and playing the game of life yesterday, I was a policeman (yes man) with 2 kids and a house in the suburbs - I know that's reality for a lot of people, but it just seems so removed from the life I lead now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home